[TenTec] adding xtal filter to the Orion

nq4i at contesting.com nq4i at contesting.com
Mon Feb 27 11:09:26 PST 2012

Hi Barry. It would be a band specific filter with about 5 khz of response. Sherwood Engineering made a special order version abt 20 years ago. The good thing about the Orion is it is one of the cleanest transmitters made. Right now my signal leve from the second station is approximately s4. Reducing that by 40 db or more would open up the other rcvr a lot. So the filter would be before every stage in the rcvr.   Rick