[TenTec] X-lock 3 VFO Staibilizer is online

Jerry Haigwood jerry at w5jh.net
Wed Jan 25 19:57:48 PST 2012

Scott,
     The cost of the X-Lock 3 is probably only about 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost
of a DDS.  The installation is also simpler than putting in a DDS.  And, as
other people have mentioned, the PTO probably has better imd products than a
DDS. On the other hand, the DDS offers a better tuning rate and maybe some
memories.  I have both a DDS and a X-Lock 2.  I think I paid about $35 for
the X-Lock and I have about $75-100 invested in the DDS.  Both are very
stable.
Jerry W5JH