[TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Fri Jan 27 14:23:46 PST 2012

Joel,

Then that puzzles me even more !

If you made a change to the line and then adjusted the single tuner at
the load end, the impedance terminating the line changed. If the
terminating impedance changed and the line remained matched, the load
seen by the generator changed. If the load seen by the generator changed
then so did the power it delivered to the system.

That suggests that some of the level change measured on the
microvoltmeter might have been due to variation in generator output
rather than changes in line loss. It seems to me that another tuner at
the source end would be essential to ensure that the generator always
"sees" 50Ohms, and always delivers the same power to the line.

Or did I misunderstand something?

73,
Steve G3TXQ