[TenTec] RX366

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Jan 31 07:23:00 PST 2012

Barry, you are speaking about individual signals and I assume you mean the
signal level of the desired signals - those coming in at a low angle of
radiation are as strong as with the vertical.

The Beverage will have reduced signal strength of high-angle radiation
signals, so the total voltage applied to the receiver's front end will be
less than that applied by a full size vertical.

73
Rick, DJ0IP

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Barry N1EU
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:44 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366

The original subreceiver definitely has issues on 160M, even when
listening strictly with Beverages.  The cardinal symptom is "phantom"
signals, offset at multiples of 2.5Khz from the actual strong (s9+)
signal.

The 160M signal levels delivered by my 580ft Beverages (using
efficient homebrew matching xfmrs) rival the levels delivered by my tx
vertical.

73,
Barry N1EU