[TenTec] My First Ten-Tec

Duane Calvin ac5aa1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:30:40 PDT 2012

You're very observant, James!  Yes, and I owned a Collings OM1A briefly.  I
was crazy, but I traded it back in for a rosewood OM (Martin OM-42) which I
never enjoyed as much.  Up until a few weeks ago I owned 3 Martins, a
Gretsch electric, and a Ramirez classical guitar.  Then I found an African
mahogany/adirondack dreadnought built buy a local luthier, Jeff Robertson.
Then I made the  big mistake of selling my D-28 Marquis (Doh!) and my D-18
Golden Era.  But, hey, life goes on.  So, I still have a Martin OM-28
Marquis, which sounds much like its bigger brother.  I also own a Gibson
J.D. Crowe "Blackjack" RB75 banjo.  I spent most of yesterday at a huge jam
here in Austin playing both the banjo and the new guitar. That was fun!  My
brother and his wife will be here next week and I'm planning to take them to
the Collings factory tour down in Driping Springs (they call it Austin, but
it's not!).

So, yes, I do enjoy playing a really good guitar from time to time.  (I have
my own bluegrass-gospel band, "Better Late than Never".)

	Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com