[TenTec] FS--N4YG DDS VFO Conversion Kit for Corsair II and Others--Brand New & Unused

Jerry Haigwood jerry at w5jh.net
Mon Jul 9 08:49:40 PDT 2012

Perry,
    Steve hunt- G3TXQ, who is the original designer of the DDS VFO that Dave
refers to, has made spectral purity measurements.  His design uses a five
element low pass filter in the DDS output which helps with harmonics, etc.
All DDS have spurs at different frequencies.  Most of these are way below
the desired output. However, the filters in the Corsair II take care of any
spurs that might cause a problem.  Steve has documented his design at
<http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/corsair_pto/>.
    BTW, I am running the same DDS on my Corsair II.  I also have the 263G
remote VFO which still has the original PTO and I can use it as a reference.
Jerry W5JH