[TenTec] OT: Field Day Drill

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 19 15:40:09 PDT 2012

Rick,
Thanks for the detailed info on your DX experiences!

We were wondering if band pass filters would be worth the investment,
and I had suspected they might not work out for the two stations, same
band case.

Your experience will greatly help us in our planning.  I think we will
be at the same location next year, and likely have to plan to have
triple stations in the big room again.

Thanks again,
very, very interesting about your European contest.  Yes, those overseas
bands are tiny compared to US bands.  I think they may get some more on
40m, but have not heard for sure.

I did OK as 9M2SM with similarly small bands for 20m and 40m, etc. in
Malaysia in 1966 to 1968.  Of course, with only 150 hams in the country
and some of those not on with their own stations, it was not like DX
contests here.

73,
Stuart
K5KVH