[TenTec] 40m BCI and Ten-Tec vs. Elecraft

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sat Jul 21 12:38:14 PDT 2012

On 7/21/2012 12:52 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

> can't recall  seeing much evidence that anyone other than a salesman
> reads this reflector, let alone responds to it.  In fact, I'm sure I
> could count such responses without taking my shoes off.

	I know TenTec watches this list, and John Henry
	has favored me with personal replies to various
	postings - very frank, pointed replies indicating
	he is up to snuff on the drift as it were.

	Besides, I don't care if a salesman reviews the list,
	because, at TenTec. everybody is about ten steps away
	from everybody else, including the guys who design
	stuff.  Having taking the tour of the plant, I am
	confident they all communicate daily - over coffee
	or lunch if not otherwise - and telling one guy is
	like telling them all.   That is just MY take,
	having been there.

	Guess what made the best impression ... MY WIFE really
	enjoyed the tour, and said she learned a lot.  Of
	course, the best bit was she let me buy a radio - so
	it was a good experience for me, too!  Although it was
	hard trying to fit the stuff into the already packed
	trunk of my two-seat roadster - But, if YOUR wife
	said you could buy a radio while you were visiting
	the plant, you would find room, too... no matter how
	many shirts, shoes, or pants you would have to jettison
	fit it in... eh?   You know you would.

	Er... um... Please... no lectures about how I could
	have had it shipped it home . . . that is too logical
	and not nearly as much fun as taking it with you...
	bird in the hand, ya know....  	       ;-)