[TenTec] 40m BCI and Ten-Tec vs. Elecraft

Jerry Haigwood jerry at w5jh.net
Sun Jul 22 19:34:52 PDT 2012

Barry,
    This part we are talking about is not completely obsolete.  Glenn of DMS
Labs has purchased a large quantity of these parts (Motorola 68705P).  So,
TenTec cannot claim they cannot get the part.  It is a matter that they
(TenTec) has chosen to not buy the parts anymore.  When one of their radios
hit a certain age, they do not recommend sending it in to them for repair
because they no longer want to work on it.  At the very LEAST, Tentec should
recommend who to go to in order to find repair parts and service.  A simple,
"We don't repair these radios anymore but we recommend you obtain service
from XYZ."  A GOOD company would do that for their customers.
Jerry W5JH