[TenTec] Field Day Drill

Don Jones ko7i at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 13:35:37 PDT 2012

I love field day, it is my favorite contest - I mean operating event. HA!
Kevin's operating methods and field day observations are very similar to
mine. I set the logging SW up with a K1EL WinKey USBII hooked up. I have a
set of paddles sitting where a mouse would normally be and I use my laptop
pc to handle the operations.
F1 is my CQ macro.
F2 is my exchange macro
F3 is TU
F4 is My Callsign
F5 is ?
I run at 25 wpm.

I operate CW solo and find loggers slow me down. I have not mastered 4 q's a
minute, in spurts I can handle 3/minute, with more contesting practice I
hope handle 3/minute and spurts to 4/minute.
I consider it training time for NAQP and the fall/winter contesting season.

73, Don KO7I