[TenTec] 1340 QRP Transceiver - 12V Polarity?

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Mar 12 08:50:17 PDT 2012

Jeff,

The schematic clearly shows that negative is ground, and the +12 is
floating.
I have never seen the connection but if it is a barrow connector, I'm sure
the outside is ground and the inside is +12.
If it is something else, measure which one is connected directly to ground,
and that will be the negative side.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of W8KZW
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 4:34 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 1340 QRP Transceiver - 12V Polarity?

Can someone tell me the power supply polarity for this rig?  I purchased a
used one yesterday.  Polarity is not indicated on the rear panel nor could I
readily find mention of it in the manual.

In my haste to fire it up I applied positive 12V to the center terminal of
the connector and heard nothing .... dead.  I have a sneaking suspicion I
guessed wrong.

If I toasted it, has anyone ever done the same and assembled a laundry list
of what to repair / replace?  Can someone tell me where supply polarity is
referenced in the manual?

I hate it when I rush.

73,
Jeff