[TenTec] 1340 QRP Transceiver - 12V Polarity?

W8KZW w8kzw at arrl.net
Mon Mar 12 08:33:38 PDT 2012

Can someone tell me the power supply polarity for this rig?  I purchased a
used one yesterday.  Polarity is not indicated on the rear panel nor could I
readily find mention of it in the manual.

In my haste to fire it up I applied positive 12V to the center terminal of
the connector and heard nothing .... dead.  I have a sneaking suspicion I
guessed wrong.

If I toasted it, has anyone ever done the same and assembled a laundry list
of what to repair / replace?  Can someone tell me where supply polarity is
referenced in the manual?

I hate it when I rush.

73,
Jeff