[TenTec] RFI Issues

Jose F Ballester josefeli at caribe.net
Wed May 16 20:58:10 PDT 2012

Thank you Jim,

No buzz, no hum but a bolt of lightning hit a copper pipe in my backyard and burst it.   Will reconnect the earth ground.

73 de Pepe WP3HW

PD   Happy with my EAGLE.    Just hope it had better control over NR.   Works almost like listening to FM on strong signals.   Where it's most needed or if there is QSB, thanks...

73 de Pepe WP3HW

On May 16, 2012, at 11:29 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

On 5/16/2012 7:57 PM, Jose F Ballester wrote:
> Don't have grounded antennas.
>
> Why is it necessary?

An EARTH connection IS necessary for lightning safety.   Bonding
equipment and grounded  things together is critical for personal safety,
and also to minimize hum and buzz related to the mains power system.

73, Jim K9YC