[TenTec] Radial Research

Don Jones ko7i at comcast.net
Sat May 19 21:48:13 PDT 2012

My club has a new ham who has been a absolute inspiration. This guy is running 100W into a ground mounted Screw Driver Vertical with a dozen 10ft radials. He has gotten bite by the contest bug and this past season he fought tooth and nail, clawed his way to working 42 countries and making about 130 contacts in the ARRL DX SSB context. Glad he said hell with it I am going to have fun and I do not care how hard the fight is.
In the mean time I hear these mamby panby cry babies saying I don't have enough radials - I don't have enough power - My antenna is not big enough - blaaa blaaa blaaa.
This new guy has earned the right to say, "shut up and ham it up!"
CQ DX de Don KO7i