[TenTec] Radial Research

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon May 21 12:46:08 PDT 2012

On 5/19/2012 9:48 PM, Don Jones wrote:
> In the mean time I hear these mamby panby cry babies saying I don't have enough radials - I don't have enough power - My antenna is not big enough - blaaa blaaa blaaa.
> This new guy has earned the right to say, "shut up and ham it up!"

The purpose of serious discussions on this list about antennas and what
works best is to LEARN, and to build a better station.  It is NOT to
reinforce the egos of those who have a chosen a particular antenna or
installation method.  All of us must make compromises in our stations,
especially in our antenna systems, but the goal should be those
compromises which have the greatest chance of success!  Many (most?) of
us who contribute to these discussions ARE active on the air (there are
nearly 80,000 QSOs in my log since April 2006),  with stations we have
built ourselves, and having fun. And part of the fun is building a
better station, and of learning how things really work.

73, Jim K9YC