[TenTec] Jupiter with ALS 600

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Mon May 28 00:04:49 PDT 2012

I will let the more qualified guys answer the question better, but:

	1)  Congratulations - nice birthday present.

	2)  Check the Jupiter manual.   Typically, it only needs an key
		line to key the amp.

	3)   Check the Jupiter manual... it might have a "TX/RX Delay"
		setting you can use for matching rig to amp.

			"Timing is the Essence of Good Comedy..."

		Page 3-5 of the Jupiter user manual call this
		Transmitter-to-	Receiver "hang time"   to guard
		against hot switching	the rig-amp combination.
		You need to consult the amp instruction manual
		for any information it might have on how long to
		delay it... but usually not much time is necessary - in
		the absence of any specific number, I would pick
		something in the moderate range, maybe 30 percent
		of the maximum time as a starting point.

		This is the way I hook up my Omni VII to the Alpha
		amps we use at a contest station I sometimes play at.
		I just need a key line and the RF, with suitable delay
		or what is called "hang time" in the Jupiter manual.

	4)	Page 3-5 of the user manual addresses external amp
		connections.

	5)  Figure 3-1 on Page 3-6 shows  connections and patch
		cabling for  a)  RF output/RF Input  and  b) Key Line
		to key the amp.

Looking at the user manual PDF file... it appears to be one I made for
TenTec a couple of years back as a favor for Scott when he was
still there ...  they really should update and reprint it...

	Happy trails.  Just My take, but I think this is all
	ya need.   Others more qualified can tell ya better.