[TenTec] Omni VI+ TXCO

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 19:23:24 EST 2012

Earlier today, a friend of mine (a US ham currently overseas, but due to
return in a few months) asked me this question about the Omni VI+ :

"Omni VI+, was the TXCO a standard option or aftermarket? From my research I
have found that the Omni VI stared with a TXCO and then moved to a xtal oven
but that due to better longevity and stability the + went back to the TXCO.
However, what I can not find is if they were optional or standard."

Anyone know the answer?

(FWIW, at least at the time I checked this morning, the TenTec Wiki appeared
to be down, never had a chance to look further, and I have to spend the rest
of the night working on my club newsletter!)

Thanks!

73, ron w3wn