[TenTec] Orion II: nothing at startup

John K3GHH k3ghh at arrl.net
Tue Nov 6 08:57:06 EST 2012

Several times in the past few days my O2 (firmware 3.028) has had no
transmit output, and no audio output except faint background hiss, when
I first turn it on. The paddles produce a nice sidetone, but neither the
Orion's nor the antenna tuner's meter moves.

So far, at least, switching the Orion's power off and then back on has
restored operability (e.g., the tuner's meter shows forward power 115w
on 80m CW). I just checked the power supply (it's on the floor under the
desk) and found its meter showing 13v --- lower than I thought but not
likely the source of this problem. Obviously I'd rather not have to rely
on the off-on "fix." Any suggestions?

--
John K3GHH