[TenTec] Dipole Over Pool Enclosure

Mike Gorniak radionorthstar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 22:40:14 EDT 2012

That's an excellent point and not one that is often discussed, Bob.
The best protection is always "Not Connected To ANYTHING".

Some commercial radio stations keep a "totally divorced from everything"
transmitter.
These have all of the power, audio, control and antenna connectors
packed together in a container, along with
wiring diagrams and deployment instructions.

Some companies also keep a few emergency units on wheels that can be
trucked in to where they are needed.

Lightning is a nasty beast. There are no guarantees, even if all of the
rules are meticulously followed.

73, Mike, NM7X