[TenTec] Resurrecting Hercules 444 amp

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Thu Oct 18 15:28:54 EDT 2012

I am going to take a stab at this but I'll admit I've need had my fingers in one.

First I'd see in in fact your drawing enough current to light the IV lamp.

If you are, then place a AM broadcast receiver near the pa modules. Key the amp with drive.

If the AM radio sounds like someone is trying to blow dry a wet cat, then the amp has some low freq oscillations.

(Btw... A spectrum analyzer would be nice to have instead of the wet cat.)

Could also be bad/loose/fubar band filters/switch

Mike wb8vge

Sent from my iPhone