[TenTec] Station power supply??

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Sep 6 12:31:11 EDT 2012

On 9/6/2012 9:13 AM, Carl Moreschi wrote:
> Sounds to me like the best plan is to run heavy gauge wires between
> the power supply and radio, which is what most setups do.  This
> minimizes the voltage drop at high current.

When you do the math, you learn that it's not as easy as that. Yes,
short fat copper for that path is a good thing, but what's more
important is short fat copper from chassis to chassis of all the
interconnected radio equipment, and any accessories having an unbalanced
connection to that equipment.

73, Jim K9YC