[TenTec] station power supplies

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Sep 7 13:22:34 EDT 2012

On 9/7/2012 10:04 AM, Chuck N4XS wrote:
> When I was planning solar power for a cabin I bought a Kill-A-Watt outlet
> strip that allows easy measurement of power consumption. Using it to check
> the devices I regularly use has been interesting. A lot of electronic
> devices use power even when turned off.

YES!  When I moved from Chicago to Northern California six years ago, I
was astounded by the high cost of electrical power caused by the Enron
ripoff (three times what I paid in Chicago).  After receiving my first
bills for electricity, I dragged out my clamp-on ammeters and measured
the current drawn by everything in the house. I immediately made a lot
of changes, including replacing all the incandescent bulbs with
fluorescents.

73, Jim K9YC