[TenTec] station power supplies

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Fri Sep 7 18:24:58 EDT 2012

Amen.    Wall warts consume a lot loads of power all day even when
nothing is running on them.  Even my TS-590 consumes power when turned
off because it monitors the network and other inputs for action  (it can
be awakened by USB or LAN activity, for example.)   The only way to
really kill it is to turn off the DC power supply.

I put as many wall warts on switchable power strips as possible,
especially those dedicated to all my battery chargers, and turn the
strips off when not charging batteries.  That amounts to nearly 20 power
supplies, given my various hobbies.

And I use LEDs in the shack for   a) lower power consumption,   b) less
heat,  c) less electricity cost, and d) less RFI.

Just MY take.

On 9/7/2012 1:04 PM, Chuck N4XS wrote:
> [...]

,,.