[TenTec] Headset connection

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sat Sep 29 19:23:34 EDT 2012

Hi -- I am back at it... trying to match a headset to my Omni VII.

Background:

	The headset is a KOSS 3000, originally intended for
	Kenwood commercial handheld.  It came with an
	odd sort of "universal plug" - and I think I have the
	wiring schema down.    I think.

	The mic capsule is hopelessly hermetically sealed
	in the boom arm end.   I can access the two lead
	wires to perform a continuity test, but have no
	idea which of the two wires is hot and which is
	ground.

	KOSS won't tell me anything about the wiring
	scheme.

The Question:

	Is there an easy test one can do to with his
	trusty multi meter to discern which lead
	is hot and which is ground on the mic cartridge?

Thanks.   Happy trails.