[TenTec] Headset connection

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sat Sep 29 21:04:04 EDT 2012

FOLLOW UP ---

OK... I knew this would happen...  I re-tested the whole mess, and I
think I have a new clue:

     *	One of the wires to the microphone element
	is tied to ground.

     *	So... I conclude the one is    mic (+) hot, and
	the one tied to ground is  mic (-).

So... NOW I suppose I need to figure how to avoid that PIN 1 PROBLEM Jim
Brown is forever harping on !   The last thing I need is a lot of
buzzing on the microphone input.

So, I THINK the question becomes:

	Can I safely presume the above conclusion,
	that the mic (+) is the isolated line, while
	mic (-) is tied to the headset ground wire ?

(Geeze I hope this makes sense to you guys... I am
still new at this, but enjoy making stuff for the shack.)

THANKS for any input you can provide.