[TenTec] A-Meter Calibration in 3.033xa

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 7 18:45:52 EDT 2013

I must have missed the memo  because I just downloaded and installed
3.033xa for the O II. I calibrate0d my S-meter as per the instructions
and.. Wow. My values are quite different for the default values. For
example, in my case I need 107 counts for S-9+50 dB while the default is
221. S-9 is displayed for me with 55 counts while the default is 89. All
of mine are much closer together than the default values.

Since I obviously missed this announcement, I'm curious: is this a
function of the meter movement or something else? I interpret this
making my S meter much more sensitive compared to the default values.
Does this calibration affect the AGC itself, or only the displayed meter
value?

73,

Kim N5OP