[TenTec] Paragon logic board

Thu Aug 22 17:37:24 EDT 2013

As a general rule, electrolytic caps decrease in value as they age.  That
being the case here, the value could now be 1/4 of its original value and
which makes the simple RC timing just too fast for the system to load and
boot.  A  new cap or one that's 50% larger might just solve the problem.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Rasmussen" <wb8yqj at yahoo.com>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:50 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon logic board

On my Corsair II the microprocessor and the crystal were both okay, it was
the electrolytic capacitor used to boot the microprocessor at power up that
had drained itself dry mounted on the pcb.

I could hear the crystal oscillating with an external receiver and a make
shift probe but had no activity at the mpu.