[TenTec] My New Orion II . . .

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sun Aug 25 20:30:31 EDT 2013

On 8/25/2013 7:17 PM, Barry N1EU wrote:

> b) what's a spectrum scope?

      *	Yaesu calls it a "spectrum scope."

      *	WinRAdio calls it a "spectrum scope."

      *	Loads of other hams call it a "spectrum scope"
	for example, Adam Farson, well known analyst who
	does testing like Rob Sherwood does:
  	    www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic7700/scope.html

	Thus, I figure calling it a "spectrum scope" is
	in line with Yaesu and many others.

	N'est ce pas ?         ;-)    ;-)

Sidebar anecdote:

	Barry, your question is analogous to the time a
	cantankerous Judge once asked me why I used the
	words "Spousal Support"  instead of the  "age old,
	and time honored, word 'alimony'"... and I replied
	the Official State Court Rules require a provision
	for "Spousal Support" and make no mention of "alimony"
	anywhere.

	Similarly, I used spectrum scope because, it is so
	frequently used in the industry, whereas the locution,
	"spectrum sweep" has substantially more limited use.