[TenTec] Explanations of the Different Types of Filtering on Radios

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Fri Aug 30 17:38:33 EDT 2013

On 8/30/2013 4:51 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

> One of the best things we can do with a new ham, or with any ham who
> wants to learn, is point them to the Handbook.

	Right.  I was criticized for making that same
	recommendation on another radio discussion
	group.  Go figure.

	I am a night owl, and I recently put the ARRL
	Handbook on the kitchen table to read whenever
	I cannot get to sleep, rather than sit up
	all night on the computer in the shack.

	Funny thing... not only am I learning more,
	but, lately, I fall asleep easier and earlier.

	Hmmm... coincidence?

(True story.  I started with the chapter on transmission lines, because
Rick DJ0IP convinced me I don't know enough about feed lines - and he is
RIGHT!  Thanks Rick.)