[TenTec] [microHAM] Transmit not stopping when PTT is released

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at microham-usa.com
Thu Dec 5 18:47:54 EST 2013

On 12/5/2013 5:43 PM, Rod Greene wrote:
 > I just installed a new to me microKeyer II.  Trying to follow the
 > setup instructions in the manual, I connected a mono cable (RCA
 > plugs) between Amp Key 1 on the O2 and PTT IN on the mK2. When the O2
 > is keyed (via footswitch or VOX) the O2 stays in transmit when the
 > foot switch is released.

You say "new to me" ... did the previous owner of the MK II use it with
an Icom transceiver and install the "ICVOX" jumper documented at number
8 on page 9 of the microKEYER II Users Manual?  Did you follow the
Users Manual information in "Preparing microKEYER II for Use" on pages
8 and 9 of the Users Manual?

Icom transceivers have a *bidirectional* PTT signal (HSEND) on the
ACC jack and installing the ICVOX jumper connects PTT_2 on the DB37
*and* PTT IN to the HSEND signal.  That jumper must be removed for
use with transceivers from other manufacturers.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America
       http://www.microHAM-USA.com

       support e-mail:  support at microHAM.com