[TenTec] Noise Blanker Comparisons

Patrick wa4tuk-rf at comcast.net
Tue Dec 24 22:37:36 EST 2013

Mike:

Years ago I called KUB about line noise on 6 meters. I was still a
teenager and living with my parents.  I certainly didn't know exactly
who to talk with at KUB and was a little apprehensive about the call.

Clyde picked up the line and said "Goforth"!

After a pause and wondering who in the world answered a phone that way,
I replied, "well okay!". (I later figured out Goforth was his name)

That had to be in the mid to late 60's.

I'm know he's long retired by now but I ran into him a few times since
the 60's.  I never knew he was a ham.

Pat
wa4tuk