[TenTec] Noise Blanker Comparisons

Vic Klein vhklein at ptd.net
Wed Dec 25 06:45:48 EST 2013

What a nice memory jog, and I feel sure we must know each other, Pat. I also
called KUB around 1964 when I was first licensed as a teenager and met the
guys who promptly came out to resolve the 6m interference. I later found
that the KUB response to those complaints was not typical for other
utilities and lived for 5 years with unresolved issues in PA.

I started working for KUB as a student and after graduating from UT's EE
program in 1970 and worked with Clyde and Bob, the 2 radio techs, for
several years. Clyde was also an avid R/C airplane enthusiast and used 6m to
control his creations. Clyde introduced me to 2m FM and I still use the
Heathkit 5/8 wave fixed antenna I bought from him.

=Vic=
WA4THR