[TenTec] eagle

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Wed Feb 13 13:23:10 EST 2013

Having worked in the telecommunications industry for over twenty-two years,
with the initial five years with telephone transmission and switching of 300
Hz to 3000 Hz (2.7 kHz bandwidth) circuits as optimized originally by Mr.
Fletcher and Mr. Munson of Bell Labs  (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher%E2%80%93Munson_curves ), any filter of
2.7 kHz or greater in the AM position will sound better assuming the low
frequency rolloff can be pushed towards 200 Hz without rolling off the high
frequencies near 3000 Hz. But its more than just bandwidth, the transmitted
frequency response must be compensated in some manner or the audio will
sound muddy and loose intelligibility.  It is a good idea to have have a
flat transmitted signal with the low, mid-point, and high frequencies of the
transmitted signal at about the same amplitude.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M