[TenTec] External Speaker for Paragon II

Jim Stoneback jstoneback at verizon.net
Sun Feb 24 23:38:00 EST 2013

Hi,

I have for many years to Voice of Greece, AM 740 Toronto and R. Havana in the evenings and recently found that setting my Drake SW8 and Paragon for equal volume resulted in a richer sound than either of them alone provided.  The SW8 has nice bass, and the Paragon clean crisp mid-range and highs.

The discussion of speakers for the Paragon got me wondering what mine would sound like through something other than the speaker in the matching power supply.  Tonight I tried a small $20 Sony bookshelf speaker on the Paragon.  Lo and behold!  The Paragon has bass!  With that cheap speaker, SWL reception with the Paragon is in the almost in the same league with the SW8 - which has always been my benchmark for BCL and SWL audio quality.

BTW, I find that using USB and the 6.0 KHz filter eliminates most of the selective fading distortion and sounds good to my ears.

Just had to chime in,

Jim - K4AXF
Ten-Tec 560 Corsair
Ten-Tec 585 Paragon