[TenTec] receivers: paragon vs. corsair II

James Boswell ka5siw at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 10:06:32 EST 2013

Mike,

        I own both of these rigs. Both radios have the same filters, use the same speaker, and use the same antenna. At any time you will find them set-up on my station, able to switch between either depending on what I care to listen to. For the most part the Corsair II is a more comfortable rig to listen to for long periods of time, hence my #1 operating position. I use Shure mic with each radio and get great reports on my TX audio.

        The radio I use for camping is an Icom 7200 and I like that rig very much, for field day I use a Corsair as some hams prefer the older radios and the menue rigs scare away many new operators. I hope this helps answer your question.

73'S  KA5SIW