[TenTec] Fw: 68 Group Sunday's

rrbunn at cox.net rrbunn at cox.net
Wed Feb 27 12:33:17 EST 2013

I've missed the last few Sunday nets, but I'm not surprised.  The question is: Do they hold the frequncy 24/7/365 as a chat channel or do they have a scheduled net?  Every Field Day,  I operate either on 40 or 75 phone and I cannot tell you how often I ask if the frequency is in use and get NO RESPONSE, but when I call CQ Field Day,  I get a ear full from some operator who informs me that "THE FREQUENCY IS IN USE" but the **&&^^%^ NET and that if I had listened, I would know that.  I would then ask politely if they heard my request and then it degenerates into "YOU DIDN'T LISTEN and YOU DIDN'T ASK.  I usually am then told that this is not a scheduled net but a frequency reserved for a group 24/7/365 for THEIR USE.

As a licensed operator for 42 years,  I tried to follow be a good operator, but these types are out of bounds.

After missing the Ten Tec net a few weeks ago,  I scanned the band and heard a station calling CQ.  After his third call, I responded, I'm in Alexandria and he was up in Ohio.  We had just finished exchanging names and locations when some thrid party informed us that we were interfereing with a NET.  I would have let it drop but he then informed me that my station must be deaf.  Funny,  My Paragon II hears stuff that may of the new wonder radios don't.  The third party was way over S-9.

I have no problem on schedules and nets being plus or minus existing QSOs and no problem with sharing with scheduled nets, but this homesteading is OUT OF LINE.

73 Rick / N4ASX