[TenTec] Orion 2 situation

chacuff at cableone.net chacuff at cableone.net
Mon Jul 1 13:53:54 EDT 2013

I wouldn’t count Icom out...  It’s about time to hear something from them on a high end box.

I’m told it may be a Flex style rig with a front panel.

Right now their money radio is the 7600...it’s a decent performer and with a nice feature set and good DSP performance.  The 7700 while nice is too expensive for having only one receiver but if it were any different nobody would buy a 7800....

They still sell a lot of bottom end 718’s as well...

I can’t figure out where Yaesu is going....and in another year they may cease to exist for all I know...

Cecil Acuff
Gulfport MS
K5DL