[TenTec] Orion 2 situation

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Mon Jul 1 19:53:06 EDT 2013

"The higher the voltage excursion, the longer the linear portion of the
output/drive power curve. For this reason, amplifiers powered from 40V or 50V
DC exhibit considerably better linearity, and thus lower IMD, than 13.8V
units."

http://www.ab4oj.com/quadra/sshfamp.html

This sounds like a good "executive summary" of the issue to me.
The "inganeers" on the list are welcome to comment as to its validity.

73, Al