[TenTec] My take on all the brouhaha over end of the Orion II

Wade Staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 03:27:44 EDT 2013

*To all of the Chicken Little folks out there, the Sky is not falling. So
what if the Orion II is out of production now! Here I sit with my daily
driver .. The Paragon.. It is still a fine radio and does a very good job.
To me this just means that Progress and the Fine Engineering at Ten Tec is
like time, Marching Forward. I have watched and used Ten Tec gear ( when I
could get it! ) though the Delta, Corsair, Omni A-D the Paragon series and
so forth. With each new model, they only get better. What would have
happened if Ten Tec were still doing the 8 bit processor of the Paragon?
They would still be fine radio's but, with each incarnation, they only get
better. I have never been able to afford a Brand New Radio. So, to me this
just means that I am getting closer to a fine Pre-owned Orion II. And those
that can afford it, will soon be getting something Much Better from Ten
Tec. All of you Orion II owners out there should be Chomping at the Bit to
see what Fine New Radio that Ten Tec is going to come up with next. I can
still call Paul or Gary on the phone and get the best Technical Support in
the World on a 1980's model radio. No, the Sky is not falling. The Sun is
just about ready to shine Brighter. Go Ten Tec and the Engineering Team! *
*                                             73 to all from Wade/KJ4WS*