[TenTec] My take on all the brouhaha over end of the Orion II

jack jfriend31 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 5 08:28:17 EDT 2013

AMEN and AMEN! I have 2 of the original Orions that have done as advertised
for all their lifetimes. I did have to put new batteries in them a year ago.
but for serial numbers they are identical. both were built right after the
Orion was first announced. both are running the last of the 1.xxx firmware.
both have helped me acquire nearly 100 new countries confirmed and many more
band countries.

if they last as long as the TR-4 I operated for 25 years before I got tired
of trying to find tubes, I shall be most pleased. if not, then I will find
something Ten Tec to replace them. with proper filtering and a Yankee
Clipper SO2R+ they operate long and interference free with antennas too
close together as I live on a small city lot.

as I operate only CW they are the best of the best in my book. they were
expensive but not outrageous like some other radios that in my estimation do
not give any better service.

I have only good to say and report on these radios.

PS: they have been out of manufacture for several years.

73 jack ak7o