[TenTec] Tuner

R. Eric Sluder resluder at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 20:28:22 EDT 2013

Man... I fell for the Carolina Windom marketing hype and its a windom with the 22' coax radiator that is then choked and fed with about 110' of coax to an Alpha Delta surge device that is connected to ground.  I have another 20' of coax that goes from that point to the rig.  Rig is an Eagle.

Its been one of the quietest antenna that I have owned.  I get great signal reports on a regular basis running no more than 100 watts.

  I used a homebrew OCF fed in North Texas with a 4:1 voltage balun and a common mode choke before entering the shack, and again a pretty quite receive.  The rig then was a Paragon.

Again, worked many stations around the world with no more than a 100 watts.

Jim, you are a very smart man and I live by your RFI-Ham booklet for noise abatement so I'm not questioning your knowledge, but I've had nothing but good luck at my stations.

Am I lucky, or... ?  Please advise on how the OCF picks up noise differently than a balanced dipole.

73
Eric
W9WLW

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android