[TenTec] OCF antennas evolution

k6jek k6jek at comcast.net
Thu Jul 11 13:07:50 EDT 2013

Yes, Tom Schiller, N6BT, founder of Force 12, ran DX using a light bulb followed by a common mode choke so he wasn't cheating using the feed line as the antenna. I believe he later ran a phased array of light bulbs and tested the efficacy of different lightbulbs.

I think he must have had sunspots in his favor.

Jon

PS: The length of a the feed line will matter a lot on how well the tuna does with the 260 doublet.