[TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

Wade Staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 12:17:59 EDT 2013

As my Old Elmer always said " Life is Too Short for QRP " When you care
enough to send a readable signal ! It should be QRO............ QRP has
it's place in the Outback and Power Limited situations. Sitting at the
house and hooked to 200 Amps or more of AC Service. Why worry about QRP? It
sort of reminds me of the New Technicians who buy a 5 watt Handi with the
Rubber Duck Antenna. And that is the last radio they purchase for the next
10 years. Because of this, I limit my time on 2 meters and 70 Cm. My radio
does QRP too! And with the twist of a control 100 Watts. Then the flip of a
switch .... more.... ! In my world it is better to have it and not need
it.... Than to need it and not have it! SB-200 for the Nets and an SB-220
that collects dust....

                                                73
from  Wade/KJ4WS