[TenTec] Jupiter Information Request

John jh.graves at verizon.net
Fri Jun 7 12:43:34 EDT 2013

Clayton,

I also have an older Jupiter.  How hard was the conversion from green to
blue?  I also have the Argonaut VI for summer playtime. That has a
better receiver but not a lot better.  It does have a nice screen
though.   I am tempted to buy or make a 100 W amplifier for playtime at
home.

73,
John / WA1JG

On 6/7/2013 9:26 AM, Clayton Brantley wrote:
> Dave:  You could not go wrong with most any jupiter you could find.
> Mine came as a grey/green (older version) and I liked it so much I
> converted it to black/blue) .  Looks just like the last one that came
> off the line.  The receiver is the best of any I have used.  I would
> find one with the latest firmware, although you could update one
> in short order.  I like the variable bandwidth so you do not need ant
> additional filters.
>
> I have an older Omni Vl+ sitting beside my Jupiter and most of the
> time I'm on the Jupiter.  Downside, does not have the keyboard
> freq entry ala the Omni.
>
> Clayton N4EV
>

> Clayton,
________________________________ From: "n8ag at comcast.net"
<n8ag at comcast.net> To: tentec at contesting.com Sent: Thursday, June 6,
2013 11:30 PM Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Information Request I'm thinking
about buying a Jupiter and am wondering what the pros and cons of the
radio might be? I primarily operate low-band CW 90% of the time. Any
information would be greatly appreciated. also, what's a good price for
a Jupiter in good to excellent condition? Tnx es 73, Dave N8AG