[TenTec] Brand Loyalty

Wade Staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 12:15:45 EDT 2013

As a Novice ( way back when ) I remember straying outside of the alloted
bandwidth just once. We didn't have Digital Radio's and frequency counters
from China accurate to 5 Hz. back then. Instead of  a lot of bad mouthing,
hate and discontent. One old fellow sent a nice slow transmission ( one
that I was sure to copy 100% ) He was moving to 1 Khz below the top of the
Novice Band. After finding him again, we had at least a 3 hour QSO which I
am sure Ruined his ability to run high speed ..... at least for a while. I
was told to mark my Dial on the Transmitter to keep from being out of band
again on 80 Meters. Although he could have easily Scolded me for not being R