[TenTec] ORION ll

Bob Gibson w5rg at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 17:15:32 EDT 2013

Great fellows..Thanks for all the advice on the radio..Just to answer a few questions..This is a new radio from the factory..one week old..I do not run the speech processer at all..I was told that I was to wide..the  audio sounded fine..just to wide..I'm going to run the audio into the back of the radio with everything on the VX-2000 turned off but the 48volts that the mic needs..if this doesn't help..I will call and get a new mic..either the 706 or the 709...I do really like the rig on rec..once I get the audio set right it should be fine..I think I will call TenTec now and see what a mic will cost me and just get rid of the other stuff I have here..sounds like I don't need it..I'll let everyone know the outcome..73s Bob
Bob Gibson W5RG