[TenTec] Corsair II Display Segments

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Sun Mar 10 12:41:09 EDT 2013

Although I had my CORSAIR-II display rebuilt at the electronic shop at work
in the late nineties (I caused the problem to begin with) I've found the
display periodically needs to have ALL connections from the display and
frequency counter removed and reseated one at a time after wiping each
connector pin with a Q-tip dampened with Cramolin or DeoxIT Gold.  If the
clean-up does NOT work, then the likely culprits are the electrolytics and
possibly the transistors of the display driver. The best thing to do is just
replace them all with new high quality parts. There's nothing special that
cannot be replaced by a local tech with a steady hand, good technique, and
good eyes.

I find my Corsair-II display seems to work better when used frequently -
every day. There was a time when I turned it on just a couple times a year
(Field Day) and had to clean the display contacts before the operation. Now
I use it daily for digital operating and its like every five years for
cleaning the connectors.  YMMV.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M