[TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS ON SUNDAY

R. Eric Sluder resluder at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 18:02:59 EDT 2013

I took an eight year hiatus from HF operating.  When I started back this year after Santa brought me an Eagle... I noticed a lot of QSO's are right on a particular frequency ending with lots of zeros, or 5 Khz in between even frequencies.  Example... 7260.000, 7265.000 & 7270.000

I attribute it to crystal ovens, and TXCO's as standard features now.  However, I'm looking forward to putting my old TR4C on the air to see what comments I'll get.

I want to get an Omni C soon, and since it only has one digit past the decimal I'm bound to get comments that I'm "234 Hz" off frequency or something crazy that.

I'm starting to miss the earlier days of my Amateur career.  Strike that... I don't want to give my Eagle up. hi

73,
Eric
W9WLW

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android