[TenTec] 160 meters, ten ted 238 tuner, part two

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Nov 1 12:11:32 EDT 2013

Jim, YES!
I sure wish the names you listed were what people use.  That would eliminate
a lot of the confusion.

The problem is, text books and all of the retailers selling these things
continue to use "balan" and "choke" and "current balun", etc.
So when I write about it, I find myself in a dilemma; shall I just call it
what everybody else calls it or try to change the world!

I think your work is among the best in the industry.
Unfortunately most people don't even know it exists.
I promote it every chance I get.

On my own web site, after a very brief description of common mode current, I
send people on to the page on (CMC Theory".
My page on theory instructs them to read W7EL's document and view your
PowerPoint slides.  It has links to both.
I also mention Steve's web page with the color chart suggesting core
material and number of turns.
Oh, and I also recommend Ian White's (RSGB) web Power-Point presentation.

THEN I send them on to the "Advanced CMC Theory" page where I give them the
link to RFI-HAM.

I think it is important for people to read this stuff in the proper
sequence.
If someone jumps straight into RFI ham, I'm sure he'll get a shock, unless
he is pretty tech savvy.
Once he gets some background information, then it's the best document there
is on the subject.

(apologies again to Mike for hijacking his thread)

73
Rick, DJ0IP