[TenTec] 1,327 REASONS* WHY I LOVE MY EAGLE:

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Nov 29 02:22:43 EST 2013

Good morning James.

Just wondering what you have been smoking?

In  any case, I have not heard any complaints about the Eagle that mirrored
any comments about the TS-590.  While I happen to enjoy the TS-590,   I am
confident you would enjoy the Eagle.

I believe one rig might appeal more to you than the other only because if
differences in feature sets, ergonomics, audio characteristics, and the
like.   For example I like using a separate receive-only antenna, but the
Eagle has only one antenna input.  The Eagle does not cover every band, or
have a general coverage receiver,   but you may not be

interested in these features, and prefer the Eagle for other reasons.

BOTH OF THESE STATEMENTS ARE DEAD WRONG.

The Eagle covers all amateur bands that I am aware of and it definitely has
a general coverage receiver.

There is a tiny space on 9 MHz (plus minus about 5 kHz) where the RX does
not work.

I am not aware of anything broadcasting on that frequency, which is one of
the reasons it is such a popular IF choice.

Also, below 1.8 MHz, the receive performance drops off slightly, but
normally you wouldn't even notice it if Ten-Tec didn't state that.  I was
miles and miles better than any other radio I had in the house in OKC,
except for my HF-225, where I have to say, when listening with an expensive
medium wave antenna, I heard no difference between the two.

73

Rick

 <mailto:TenTec at contesting.com> TenTec at contesting.com